Saturday, May 19, 2012

"Final Thoughts About Folk/Literary Fairytales"


When people define the word “Folktales”, it seems like an interesting subject to read about it and I would always think about a good story and so many creative imaginary characters. Based on what I read from this course, I would define the term “Folk/Literary Fairytales” as a fantasy classic tale or story that include many of the fantasized characters and the cultures of the classic tales are much different from one another and it is still being passed down from generations to generations.


In the very beginning of this course, I find folk/fairytale to be very interesting and informative. The reason I wanted to take this course is because I was interested in getting to know what was behind the true origins of the folk/fairytales. Ever since I was a child, I have read many different fairytale books that involve fantasy creatures, magic spells, illusions, dimensions, sad, and happy endings. At first, I always thought that fairytales is mostly intended for children because there are many magical creatures such as goblins, dragons, elves, gnomes, princess, fairies, witches, wizards and so much more. I had no idea there existed the original versions that is written by the original author compared to the printed versions (such as Disney).  For the first time ever, I have been informed that the fairytales I’ve known from my childhood are not nearly the same as the original classical folk/fairytales written by the original author because both the printed version and the original version had different endings & cultures and at the same time I felt that it nearly ruined my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment